How do I get it home?

Old 10-09-02, 04:21 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I get it home?

I need to transport a few sheets of sheetrock. I've got a station wagon with a roof rack. Is there any way I can load sheetrock on the roof rack, or should I just pay the delivery fee?

Thanks ...

Old 10-09-02, 05:06 PM
JRRR.
Visiting Guest
I bought a 4'x8' piece of osb or plywood to serve as a base. Then stack drywall on top and tie it all down to the roof rack. Make sure it is a dry day/night.

Old 10-10-02, 05:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts
Don't know about your area, but Home Depot here has little flatbed trucks for rent at a very reasonable price for diy'ers.

Old 10-10-02, 05:59 AM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I have tied 4 sheets of 5/8" drywall to a temporary rack on top of an old Porsche. Your station wagon will be fine.

Old 10-10-02, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would recommend you have a bud there to help when you do get it home, the stuff's heavy as s*n and awkward to carry. The idea about also purchasing a piece of OSB or some such is a good one. It must be kept flat and dry. Renting a truck might or might not be an option for you, depending on how far away from the HD you live. Ours advertises them as $19.00 for the first 75 minutes, which IMO is a good deal if you can get it loaded, get it home, and get the truck back in that amount of time. Myself, my $1500 '72 full size Chevy PU has paid for itself over and over again in the last ten years . Good work truck .

Old 10-10-02, 02:01 PM
Hollywood
Visiting Guest
pick yourself up a couple of Stud's 2x4's spread them on top of the roof and place the rock on top of it evenly placed that is.

Tie down really good.

you'll probally use the stud's somewhere sometime down the road.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: