window and door corners

Old 10-17-02, 09:10 AM
window and door corners

hi again
i have done quite a bit of sheet rock and mud but have always done these corners wrong.i know i am not supposed to have cuts there. what is the right way to cut the sheet rock so seams are not left at corners-it seems qiute uneconomical the way i envision-most home owners can't just throw pieces away and can't always have taperd edges meet but that's for another day-for now i'd like to know how to cut the sheet around the window.
pete the scrimper

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-02, 08:53 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I have always seen the drywall span across door and window openings with the opening cut out of the sheet after installation. I wouldn't consider the piece waste. I use all sorts of scraps to patch after electrical/plumbing work, or just to fill in a large patch.

Old 10-18-02, 08:01 AM
Hollywood
Visiting Guest
bungalow jeff is right usually when sheetrocking they hang right over the openings and then go back with a roto zip or saw and cut out the openings.

when sheetrocking your always going to have Waste and unless you have a really big garage to save all you scrap I don't recommend it after all a 4'X8' 1/2 can be had for around $6-$7.00 just save yourself a nice size piece incase you need down the road.

Old 10-18-02, 12:14 PM
gracias

hi
is it 'can't see the trees for the forest', or is it the other way around
anyway i get it now-thanx for the graphic illustration. jeepers-why did i not think of that before-
peterr