Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stucco or siding wall ?

Visiting Guest

10-21-02, 09:16 AM   #1  
Be Van Truong
Stucco or siding wall ?

Please somebody help !
I'm in the process of building a new house and I would like to have your idea of should I build stucco wall or siding wall ? I like the appearance of the stucco, I also heard that stucco is lifetime maintenance free. Is that right ? Anotherhand, some contractor told me that before building the stucco wall for me, they want me to sign an agreement that I will seal/caulk the wall annually. That sounds more maintenance than the siding wall. What is the advantage of stucco wall vs siding ?
I would appreciate very much if you give me your idea or suggesstion.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-02-02, 09:52 AM   #2  
TheUglyMug
Wall material

Im not sure if you can do this, but if it is possible it would be beautiful! Check with a concrete contractor who does decorative concrete finishes. I know you can pour a concrete wall, but if its possible to stamp it or acid stain it that would be really interesting! I know you can do this on patios and pool areas, Im just not sure if you can on a wall. Stucco does need care after install. Any time your contractor wants you to sign off on something it is probably not a good idea to do it. Do a search on concrete acid staining and you will see tons of great photos.

Visiting Guest

11-12-02, 08:34 AM   #3  
Be Van Truong
Thanks for your idea. It's very interesting.

Search this Thread