water stain on ceiling

Old 11-04-02, 11:59 PM
whatnext4me
Visiting Guest
Angry water stain on ceiling

the roof has been repaired but i have a 2 foot water stain and small crack in my bedroom ceiling. what's the best and least expensive way to fix it?
also...while breaking up wax for a candle making project, i stabbed holes on the kitchen counter(got a little over eager).
i will be selling my house soon and need to fix these inperfections.
i appreciate any advice.
thanks,
susie

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-02, 05:06 AM
Group Moderator
Not related ro Norman Bates, are you? LOL

Post back the type and color of the two surfaces as that will have some bearing on the choices.

Old 11-05-02, 07:34 AM
whatnext4me
Visiting Guest
ha!ha!...let's just say mom's been real quite for a while.

the ceiling is blown, bumpy stuff and was probably white at one point(just painted most of the house and really don't want to break out the brush so soon- but will probably have too)

the kitchen counter is a formica in shades of beige. was hoping to be lead to some type of filler.
thanks,
susie

Old 11-06-02, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
There are commercial spray-on cleaners for the ceiling, but be careful as I assume they contain bleach or an oxidizer of some kind (don't get on furniture or dark carpets). I touched up a water spot on the overhead in my bay window (surface is rough, but not textured) with a flat white sealer primer, Kilz.

Will have to wait on a formica expert, but I suspect there are fillers that could be used.

Old 11-06-02, 08:21 AM
whatnext4me
Visiting Guest
Smile

thanks tow guy! i'll be on my way to home depot this weekend...maybe they will have some ideas about the countertop.
i appreciate your tips.

susie