walls and molding

Old 11-11-02, 11:43 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
walls and molding

What is the best solution for this dilemma. Interior door frames are plumb but the wall isnt. I know when the drywall sticks out too far I can shave. But what do you do when it is sunk in approx 1/4" or so. What is the best way to install the casing around the door frame when this happens? Other than caulk. Thanks.
Old 11-11-02, 07:02 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shave down a strip of sheetrock to fill the gap.

Build the shallow area with joint compound.

Shim the casing.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: