Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

removal of a non bearing interior wall

Visiting Guest

12-19-02, 09:09 AM   #1  
Barb from Texas
removal of a non bearing interior wall

I have a non bearing interior wall in the entrance of my home. I want to remove this wall.

Is it as easy as removing the dryway and then taking the studs out. Please provide advise.

Sponsored Links

SC

12-19-02, 06:02 PM   #2  
Yes.

Visiting Guest

12-19-02, 08:40 PM   #3  
bungalow jeff
Yes, IF there is no electrical or plumbing in the wall. Check this first. Relocating the services may be tricky, and you wouldn't want to pound a sledge hammer through a water line.

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 07:05 AM   #4  
Barb from Texas
There is some electrical switches that I am moving to another wall. There is no plumbing or anything else on this wall, its an entrance wall.

thanks for the info. I'm tearing it down this weekend.

Visiting Guest

12-20-02, 08:15 PM   #5  
bungalow jeff
Good luck! Think of all your troubles during the week, and let demolition therapy go to work.

Visiting Guest

01-03-03, 10:16 PM   #6  
blshakers
Make sure you check for wiring ( outlets and or light switches ) that might be running through the studs as well as heating ducts.

If you do have wiring you can shut off the breaker and pull the wires out from the wall and then remove it. You can remount in a different location or disconnect.

Good Luck, Did this myself and it was a nice modification to our home

Search this Thread