Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Ceiling problem... what to do, what to do???

Ceiling problem... what to do, what to do???

Old 02-07-03, 07:09 PM
textucker
Visiting Guest
Question Ceiling problem... what to do, what to do???

I have removed most of the texture on my bathroom ceiling...had allot of water damage. I need to put something up now, so I was thinking maybe wallpaper??? I am not sure if wallpaper on a bathroom ceiling is wise because of the humidity??? I think to retexture it maybe to expensive and shoot I would not have a clue how to do it anyway. Then I was thinking maybe acoustic tiles?? I am so confused right now. I think maybe if its possible, wallpapering the ceiling would be the easiest??? I want some kind of texture that is why I do not just paint the ceiling. The ceiling needs allot of work anyway. I just don't know how to tackle this job. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-03, 07:47 AM
IWD1
Visiting Guest
For the area of the ceiling that has water damage is the drywall stained or is there any staining on the ceiling? You may need to seal the stains by using a good primer before you texture your ceiling. Applying ceiling texture is not that difficult. There are alot of new products on the market that make this very easy. Anyone can use these tools and get proffessional results. Don't sell yourself short, this is not a complicated DIY project. Go to your local hardware store and look in the paint aisle for textured rollers. They use the rollers to create textured paint finishes but some of the rollers can also be utilized to texture a ceiling.

Old 02-08-03, 09:35 AM
textucker
Visiting Guest
I have taken off most of the popcorn and I do have some light water stains. I also see- I guess you would call it a dimple?? where a nail is. Should I do something to correct that or just leave it and popcorn over it. I didn't see it before I took the popcorn off so I figure it would be no big deal. So this thing I am looking for is a roller? I thought I would have to use the popcorn spray which is so high priced.

thank you,

Darla

Old 02-08-03, 10:04 AM
fill the dimple first with spackle. prime the stains with a kilz primer..Home Depot sells a ceiling paint which has popcorn texture mixed in....