More help with kitchen wall

Old 02-10-03, 05:57 PM
Mildewy
Visiting Guest
More help with kitchen wall

OK, I tore down panelling that was glued and nailed to 1 wall of my kitchen. I scraped, then sanded...looked good felt smooth. Primed it and every blemished showed through...have no idea how I missed it but it looks bad. If it was all evenly trowelled on I would just paint and be done with it, but some sections are trowelled, some have straight glue lines, and some "S" pattern glue lines (what the hell was this guy thinking). Anyway, I'm tired. I'm physically and mentally tired of dealing with this wall. Is there any paint type, color, texture that will cover most of the problems? Pon't tell me I have to do more than paint...thanks in advance (unless you have bad news for me).

Old 02-10-03, 06:28 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some thoughts. Primer generally has a bit of a sheen to it, so it shows defects in the wall that may not be obvious when the flat paint is applied. It may be that when the flat paint is applied these defects won't show.

You may feel better about the whole project if you can walk away from it for a couple of days.

Old 02-10-03, 06:31 PM
Mildewy
Visiting Guest
Some thoughts. Primer generally has a bit of a sheen to it, so it shows defects in the wall that may not be obvious when the flat paint is applied. It may be that when the flat paint is applied these defects won't show.

That's what I'm hoping for...

You may feel better about the whole project if you can walk away from it for a couple of days.

If I walk away too long I ain't comin back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: