Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

taping outside corners

Visiting Guest

02-17-03, 08:45 PM   #1  
ruadh2
taping outside corners

FIRST THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP ON THE LAST PROBLEM. NOW I AM GETTING READY TO MUD OUTSIDE CORNERS AND MY METAL CORNER BEAD IS ON DO I NEED TO APPLY TAPE UP TO THE ROUND METAL PART OF THE BEAD OR JUST MUD NOT USING ANY PAPER TAPE

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-18-03, 06:08 AM   #2  
Rancor
There is no need to tape the metal corner bead. It is designed to use alone. Just make sure when you attach it to the corners the rounded corner part is out further than the wall or atleast flush.

If you push it on too hard when attaching, (corner below flush) you will have a harder time mudding it.

Dont worry if you can see the metal of the corner when done sanding, it's normal. It will paint over fine.

MO

03-02-03, 02:40 PM   #3  
Or else use flextape, available at big box stores, a bit pricey, but you simply cut it to length, apply a stickj coat of mud to your corner, either inside or out, wet the tape, crease it, stick it, run a corner tool down it and forget about it. Come back with a skim coat & she's ready to texture or prime.

MO

03-02-03, 02:45 PM   #4  
You don't put tape over the metal corner bead, doesn't work for crap

Or else use flextape, available at big box stores, a bit pricey, but you simply cut it to length, apply a stickj coat of mud to your corner, either inside or out, wet the tape, crease it, stick it, run a corner tool down it and forget about it. Come back with a skim coat & she's ready to texture or prime.

Search this Thread