Fieldstone on kitchen island

Old 02-24-03, 06:41 PM
akharnum
Visiting Guest
Question Fieldstone on kitchen island

Maybe someone can direct me to the right place? I would like to add fieldstone to an existing kitchen island (not on the countertop, but on the fronts and sides of the island) and am not sure where to start. If anyone has any ideas or know of any web sites that would help, please feel free to e-mail me or I can check the forum. Thanks!

Mr. Bojangles

Old 02-26-03, 11:01 AM
RRF
Visiting Guest
I would say what you are looking for is a cultured stone veneer.

Try http://www.culturedstone.com/index.html

Old 02-27-03, 05:09 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Fieldstone on kitchen island

Application of fieldstone on kitchen cabinets would be a challenge. While the exterior of the cabinet box might be done, covering cabinet face frames and doors would be a challenge, not to mention the additional weight on hinges and hinge adjustments. Constructing a stone island, using traditional stone wall construction techniques, might also be possible, but the additional weight on floor joists is also a consideration.

I recently had a kitchen customer who found a picture in a magazine of a stone island with stone columns and arches. When I pointed out the additonal weight considerations, they reported that they had already taken that into consideration and were using steel beams in the area to support the additional weight.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: