Texture over Wallpaper?

Old 03-08-03, 05:22 PM
hurstfam
Visiting Guest
Question Texture over Wallpaper?

Does anyone know if you can texture over wallpaper. This wallpaer is tight to the wall and not peeling at all. I think I have heard you can paint over wallpaper to hide pattern, then texture over it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated or if you have nothing to do, I'll buy some chips, and dips, and a few cold ones and invite you on over.

Old 03-08-03, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you're talking about spray & knockdown over wall paper, I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd be worried that the water in the spray mud would soak through the paper & loosen the glue, at which point the wall paper wouldn't be sticking so tightly.

IMO, never tried it, wouldn't make no promises on results.

They make some real good products that can be bought at big box or paint & paper stores that is simply misted on the wallpaper & it will usually come off pretty well.

Old 03-08-03, 06:33 PM
W
BAD IDEA!

You are relying on the wallpaper adesive to support the weight of the wallpaper and texture. It wasn't designed to do that. The texture may also re-activate the adhesive and cause bubbles between the wall and wallpaper which may or may not flatten back out. You should strip the wallpaper first. If you need advice or tips, cruise on over to the wallpaper forum and view the top post for advice.

Old 03-08-03, 08:11 PM
hurstfam
Visiting Guest
Angry texture on wallpaper

A STRIPPING I WILL GO, A STRIPPING I WILL GO, AND IT WON'T BE A PRETTY SITE I ASSURE YOU. THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S ADVICE. I THINK YOU TOLD ME WHAT I WAS AFRAID I WAS GOING TO HERE. OH WELL.........

Old 03-08-03, 09:08 PM
hurstfam,

Sorry to rain on your parade. Good luck with your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: