Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

building a wall in the middle of a skylight??

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 09:59 AM   #1  
schlitz100
building a wall in the middle of a skylight??

i was planning on expanding my bathroom... contracting my hallway. The bathroom right now is 3' wide with the hall is 6' wide. I was hoping to reverse these numbers. Anyway i removed the tiles to the drop ceiling and noticed a covered up skylight. The skylights opening is @4' square and dead in the middle where i planned on moving the wall.

Any thoughts on this. or how to incorporate it into the rooms nicely if i chose to uncover it. Also the bathroom is currently unvented could i use the skylight as a route to install a vent?

Thanks for any info

Sponsored Links

MO

03-10-03, 05:34 PM   #2  
Well if your wall is to be in the middle of the skylight, to me it would look kinda funny if you expose it.

This skylight, you never noticed it on your roof? Or has it been completely covered over on top too? If so, there may have been a reason it was covered up. First one that would come to mind is a leaky skylight.

OK that all being said, a little more detail. Are you planning to go back to a suspended ceiling, or raise it back to the original height?

Post back with some more detail & I think we can get ya off in the right direction.

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 05:51 AM   #3  
schlitz100
Haven't been on my roof ever (just got the place 3 weeks ago)

I haven't noticed any water damage, there are two that were covered up with the drop ceiling. I plan on ripping the drop ceiling out and doing a drywall ceiling.

Search this Thread