Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

filling in seams & painting wallboards

filling in seams & painting wallboards

Old 03-12-03, 03:04 PM
poguej
Visiting Guest
Question filling in seams & painting wallboards

I have a mobile home with the common wall boards and the strips of matching molding that cover the seams between the boards. How would I get rid of the molding, fill in the seams and paint it so that it looks likes like a regular wall?

The molding strips are not T channels - they are flat and they come off easily enough but leave a 1/8 to 1/4" gap between the wall boards. The wall boards are covered with some type of wall paper - maybe vinyl.

Last edited by poguej; 03-14-03 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-13-03, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your wallboards are more than likely covered with vinyl with this being a mobile home. The trim pieces you're describling are actually pieces of "T" channel. Removing them without destroying the wall will be difficult at best. In short, I'd say the only way to get the desired look of a "regular wall" would be to either tear out what ya got & redo it with sheetrock & tape & mud it or use a chisel & knock off the connectors so the wall is flat and go over the top of it with sheetrock.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: