Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Floor sagging????

Visiting Guest

04-11-03, 08:48 PM   #1  
patkue
Floor sagging????

I don't know which forum to post this on so here goes: We have a 22 year old house not on slab. I have noticed that the flooring next to a load bearing wall is not level. I have also started to see minor cracks in some of the corners of some rooms and around different walls. My husband is willing to crawl under the house to do what ever is necessary, but should I just call a house leveler instead? I don't know what it would take to correct this situation. Thanks, Patkue

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-11-03, 09:41 PM   #2  
bungalow jeff
I am guessing this is a relatively new occurance? Are the cracks diagonal from floor to ceiling, or just at the doors? Are doors sticking? If the foundation is settling, then a foundation engineer, or contractor with good references in this kind of work should tae a look at your house.

MO

04-12-03, 06:02 AM   #3  
patkue,

If I were you I'd seek the advice of a reputable contractor in your local area. There could be several things that could be causing your problem, w/o knowing the specifics, it's difficult to say what the culprit is in this case.

Best of luck.

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 06:08 PM   #4  
bungalow jeff
Hey Awesomedell,

I checked out your site, nice stuff! I have to ask, how did you get your handle? Not to imply that you are not awesome, I would be disappointed if it was just your fondness for the computer brand.

Jeff

MO

04-12-03, 07:34 PM   #5  
Actually that's the brainchild of my youngest son, & it's stuck. One thing I like about it, I get to use the same handle on any site I frequent. Never found it in use.

But yeah I've been running Dells for 10 yrs or so now.

Search this Thread