crown molding?

Old 04-23-03, 04:46 PM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
Question crown molding?

Ok now bare with me, I'm sure this is going to come out funny sounding(reading) since I don't know what I'm talking about really. I just painted my foyer and then up the stairs including the ceiling all the same color. Now my problem is the ceiling is connected to the dining room ceiling and I do not want to paint it the same color. So basically there is no end to the ceiling on the first floor. How can I seperate the 2 without it looking funny? I was thinking maybe crown molding seperating the 2 rooms? Like making a pretend doorway? I don't know...please help!!!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-03, 06:12 PM
If there is not a great deal of difference in the colors, I would just change colors at the appropriate point.

People don't look up much.

Old 04-24-03, 05:41 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

The thing is I will notice the two different paint colors. I have pictures I just have to get them downloaded onto here. I don't want it to look sloppy and careless...
I just need some professional advice...

Old 04-24-03, 05:24 PM
Hi Wendy and welcome aboard. You'll need to upload your pics to a site like snapfish.com & then post a link to where they can be viewed. I use it all the time & it's free & safe. A pic would help clear the fog & give us a better idea what you're workin with.

Post back or send me an e-mail if you more help with getting your pics up for viewing.

Old 04-25-03, 03:54 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

Hey thanks Awesomedell...here is the link so you can see what I'm talking about http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailsha...613/t_=2685776

Old 04-25-03, 05:34 AM
Link to photographs

The link goes to a sign in page. There may be something missing from the link to take us to your photographs.

Old 04-25-03, 05:38 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

I think you need to log in to them in order to see the pics...but try this http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/Al...613/t_=2685776

Old 04-25-03, 06:02 AM
Rats. It won't work for me. Maybe it will work for some of the others.

Old 04-25-03, 10:08 AM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I joined up and it will not work for me either.

Old 04-25-03, 10:14 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

Damn! lol why isn't it working? That sucks the big one...well if anyone would like me to email them the pic I will be more then happy to do so
I really do need some advice on it...thanks to everyone who has tried to help

Old 04-25-03, 10:44 AM
You can email it to me and I will put it on my server.
[email protected]

Old 04-25-03, 12:31 PM
You can see the pictures here.

www.chris.fite.com/wendy_pix.html

Old 04-25-03, 05:11 PM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

Chris I can't view those pictures that you posted either...I click on the link and its blank

Old 04-25-03, 08:11 PM
Sorry. I forgot to resolve the photograph source. It was loading off of my machine when I connected to the site. It is so fast that I did not notice. That is why I asked if they looked OK.

Try it again.

Old 04-26-03, 09:02 AM
Wendy, if you're talking about putting up the crown there where that entryway is, I'd think you'd want to put up some sort of flat molding, orpossibly just a nicely stained piece of 1"x material. Crown goes in a corner where the wall meets ceiling.

Thanks for getting the pics up Chris, nice assist.

Old 04-27-03, 09:40 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
I agree with Awesomedell. A simple molding, or trim bad across the opening will do nicely.

Old 04-28-03, 04:13 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
Arrow crown molding?

Ok that sounds good just a simple piece of molding...I'm not sure what a piece of bad is though...but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks everyone for you help...I think I'm going to paint it over...it was supposed to be sage green but it came out that minty color and I'm not to happy with it if anyone would like to come help me...by all meaaaaaaaaannnsss your welcome to connecticut!!!

Old 04-28-03, 05:45 PM
Good luck with the paint Wendy, thanks for the offer, but sorry Ct is way out of my service area.

Old 04-28-03, 08:48 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Oops,

Trim BOARD. Sorry about the typo. If you get adventurous, you can try a piece of fancy fret-work across the ceiling too.

Old 04-29-03, 03:48 AM
WendyT
Visiting Guest
crown molding?

Fancy Fret work? I barely know was paint is never mind anything fret like...is it www.fancyfretwork.com ? lol just kidding..damn I crack myself up sometimes

Old 04-29-03, 08:48 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Something like this:fretwork

Search this Thread