Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Masking off rounded corners (baseboards)

Visiting Guest

05-10-03, 09:45 PM   #1  
ssr495
Masking off rounded corners (baseboards)

I am getting ready to paint the interior of my home. It has rounded corners, and I want to know what is the best way to mask off my baseboards? Are there any products that do this, or is my only option a brush and straight edge tape?

Sponsored Links

MO

05-11-03, 06:50 AM   #2  
Hello & welcome.

You could use painter's tape, available at a good hardware or paint store. Looks like regular masking tape, but is designed to release from finished trim w/o lifting the finish.

My finish painter uses a paint screen, simply a piece of thin flexivle plastice on a 18" handle that he lays agains the corners or trim to keep the paint where he wants it.

Also have seen the rollers with the built in paint screen, haven't used one, but looks like it would work.

Visiting Guest

05-11-03, 12:45 PM   #3  
Handymann
There is a product out by a company called Amerisel that specifically masks baseboards and ceilings where rounded corners are used. The product is called eZee-Tape. You can use it to mask rounded corners and straight edge corners also.

I have used the product and it works great. It fits perfectly around any 3/4" bullnose corner bead. You can use it anywhere you have rounded corners. It comes in a pack of 36 pieces. You should be able to find it at your local hardware store.

Search this Thread