Hole in the wall

Old 05-11-03, 01:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Hole in the wall

I have a drywall with a 1'x1' rounded indented damage to my hallway wall. Can someone please tell me the best way to fix this? Thanx!
Old 05-11-03, 04:17 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the paper is not broken and it is not too deep you could fill it with joint compound and sand it slush, prime and paint.

If the paper is broken, get a piece of sheetrock for the repair. Open the hole in the wall, and look for studs to mount the new piece. You can attach a short section of 2x4 to the side of an existing stud to get a mounting surface. Otherwise you can cut a piece of plywood a bit larger than the hole with a hole in the middle for your finger. Insert the plywood into the hole, hold it with your finger and attach it to the existing wall with drywall screws. Trim and insert the patch, attaching it with dry wall screws. Tape and mud, sand, prime and paint.

Hope this helps.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: