Stud protection

Old 05-23-03, 08:49 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 90
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Stud protection

Hi. We just ran a bunch of new Romex in the walls last weekend and the sheetrocking is going to be underway in a few days.

My electrician buddy told me to get some small pieces of metal to tack onto the studs in front of where the Romex is to avoid having the sheetrock screws piercing the Romex.

Could you tell me what these are called in my local HD or Ace Hardware?

Thansk in advance.

Old 05-23-03, 10:45 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
They are called Nail Plates. Depending on the store stocking preference, you can find them in the framing hardware area, electrical supply area, or both. They look like this:

Nail Plate
Old 05-24-03, 06:30 AM
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 997
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I know an electrician who calls them idiot strips

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: