90* Corners?

Old 06-25-03, 01:53 PM
Go Leafs Go
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 90* Corners?

This may be a dumb question but here goes anyway...

I have just finished the second mud coat on wall seams and corners. I am planning , eventually, to put up wainscoting and corner trim but noticed that my outside corners are not close to 90*. Is this normal due to the corner bead, or do I need to keep adding mud until its 90 (this would make my miter trim cuts easier). I really don't want a large gap behind my trim b/c the corners are curved.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Old 06-25-03, 03:52 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
In my experience, there are no 90 degree corners in a house. You can work toward this end, but may wind up with no support for the outside corner from the corner bead leaving a fragile corner subject to damage.

This will be straightforward to compensate for when you install the wainscot.

HTH

Old 06-25-03, 04:41 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest
90* Corners?

I'm not sure I understand "corners are curved" Do you mean that you used the rounded corner bead? or that perhaps the mudding at the corner bead needs more sanding?

Old 06-26-03, 01:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mudder I think they mean that it is concave. In other words if you put your knife on the bead and the wall there would be a large gap. Keep filling with mud until the gap is gone.

Old 06-26-03, 05:08 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest
90* Corners?

guess the leafs have gone

Old 06-26-03, 07:02 PM
Go Leafs Go
Visiting Guest
Thanks to all for responses,

The walls are slightly concave due to the raised nature of the corner bead. I expected that the trim would be easir with straight 45/45 cuts for the outside corner. Unless I really load and feather the mud, it looks like I'll have to figure out the angles or fudge-it a little.

Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: