Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Texturing Kitchen Wall

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-03-00, 11:36 AM   #1  
Hello,
I have recently removed a brick design paneling from my kitchen wall. It was apparently put up with glue and nails. After pulling the paneling off, I noticed that in some areas the top layer of the drywall has peeled off slightly,but not bad. And now I know why people in some cases use this sort of paneling to decorate an area-so to cover up imperfections! There is an opening that I will have to close off and small holes I will need to patch- which I am quite sure how to repair. So, How should I remove the brown hard glue which is stuck on the drywall? I know once I remove it I can use joint compund to smooth out the walls and then texture the drywall and knockdown with a finishing knife. Right? Help....

Marina = )

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-21-01, 02:37 AM   #2  
Insulating walls

I have an older home with plaster walls. No insulation is in the walls. Im thinking of blowing in insulation from the atic down thru the walls. What type of problems might I encounter? Any suggestions. I hve found a great insulation from 84 lumber to use. my conserns are about a vapor barrier!

Search this Thread