Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

RUINED WALLS IN BATH

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-29-00, 12:17 PM   #1  
Unfortunately, I put a layer of semigloss paint over walls that previously had wallpaper on them. However, to my dismay the painted cracked, because I did not remove all the glue.

I am now in the process of sanding the walls, however, this is an extremely long process resulting in minimal results.

Is there a product on the market that will strip the paint off of drywall?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-29-00, 03:58 PM   #2  
You might consider hiding your problem with Marlite.

Or, if you are ambitious enough to sand, why not take down the old sheetrock and replace it with new. You can sand the mud joints easier than cracked paint on wallpaper.

------------------
MTAC - Van Buren,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Anything worth cutting down a tree for, is worth doing right.
www.toolreview.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by More than a Carpenter (edited March 29, 2000).]

Visiting Guest

09-14-04, 08:03 AM   #3  
2orSOlo
Wall of confusion....

I've got a similiar problem with a bathroom......The prior owner to this house I just purchased; had painted over the drywall or sheet rock in the bathroom and is now cracked and chipped badly, peeling off and just looks horrible. I started scraping to get off the old paint but now I'm starting to scrape past the paper covering into the drywall. Can I not just spackle over this old paint and or prime over it, ....I'm pretty headstrong about getting this done but I don't want to have scrape all of the old paint off if I don't have too! Can you give some advice?

KS

09-14-04, 02:28 PM   #4  
You should skim over the bad stuff with drywall mud. A couple of thin coats should do. All you are doing is filling in the small cracks.

Visiting Guest

09-15-04, 02:34 PM   #5  
2orSOlo
Hey thanks for the heads up! I'm heading to Sherwinn Williams in just a few minutes to pick up the goodies. It just so happens a few other individuals told me a similiar route to follow. However, I am skeptical and wanted the opinion of someone that knows a little something..more about this type of deal! Much appreciative, Coops28!

Search this Thread