What the...


Old 05-03-00, 02:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Red face

This house we bought has wall covering I've never seen. The top layer is paint, of course, then it seems to be wall paper that is now brittle, especially the seams. When I scrape that I come to what looks like cardboard. It is about 1/4" thick and doesn't have seams that line up with the wall paper seams. In fact, I can't find any seams. But, under that is drywall and I can see the nails when I take off the cardboard.

What is that covering? I pretty much just scraped the seams and loose stuff then patched with compound then painted. So far its holding up.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-00, 04:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Sounds like pressed wood board to me.

Jack the Contractor

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes