texturing drywall


Old 06-20-00, 08:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Is it possible to get a plaster-like finish on a drywall surface? What tools and techniques should I use to achieve it? (I'm looking for the subtle swirled texture, not the sharpness texture paint gives.)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-00, 11:02 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Apply a skim coat of compount. Then lightly brush the surface to achieve the desired effect. The skim coat is just drywall compound thinned with enough water to allow paint roller application to the entire surface. The compound should still be thick enough to take and hold a light texture. If you thin too much, it will slough when drying and the texture will be lost...this will also give you an even surface for paint to hide any differences in porosity between the sheetrock and the joints....

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes