Framing Walls

Old 07-21-00, 10:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm framing in my basement and suddenly realized I forget how to place the 2 X 4 studs in the corner so that the edges of the 2 sheets of drywall have an overlap on the studs to be fastened with screws.

Wish I could send a picture to help explain.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-00, 04:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Are you still framing ? If so you can still put them in. If your sheetrocking, stop and put them in. If I understand what you are saying you do not have anyplace to screw the corners to. Please reply.

Old 07-24-00, 05:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack the Contractor:
Are you still framing ? If so you can still put them in. If your sheetrocking, stop and put them in. If I understand what you are saying you do not have anyplace to screw the corners to. Please reply.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't finished the framing yet.
Correct, I have no place to screw the edge of the drywall to, in the corner of the room. One of the walls joining at the corner has an edge, but the other does not.
Is it as simple as putting a 2X4 3.5 inches away from the end of the wall to create the edge needed?

Old 07-25-00, 04:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Yes, it is that simple. Put in your corner studs. It will take 3 studs and one filler to do a correct corner.