Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fixing mud on drywall that horrible home remodeler did

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-14-00, 04:20 PM   #1  
Ok, we are moving into a house that my father-in-law bought. He purchased it to eventually become a rental, which is what it was before. But in the mean time my husband and I are trying to make it look a little less tacky so we can stand it. We do not want to dump a bunch of money into this place but we have to fix the bedroom walls where the previous slum lord hired a scum bag contractor to just mud over the bad spots and then paint.

What that left behin was walls that were mudded, NEVER SANDED or not sanded evenly to say the least, and then painted directly over..not even primed first!!!

Where do I get started to even back out the mud and paint again. Do I sand the mud directly even though it is painted now? Also is there any shortcuts to this job. Better ideas of what to do to cover such mistakes without replacing drywall and such????

I would appreciate any ideas. This also has to be done in about 1 to 2 weeks max. Evenings only since we both work. So I need a quick cheap fix that will essentially make it less tacky and hopefully keep the mud from falling off the walls.

Please email your reply to [email protected] or
[email protected] along with replying on this board.

Thanks,
Courtney

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-15-00, 10:11 AM   #2  
I have a similar problem. I hired someone to sheetrock tape/texture, prime & paint the walls in my new little house in the country.
He did a terrible job with the tape & texture. He kept saying that once it was primed & painted it would look fine. I fired him a couple of days ago & now don't know what to do. Seams show, there are blobs of texture some places & none in other spots.

Suggestions?

Search this Thread