Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Blue board

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-06-00, 12:50 PM   #1  
What is blue board and what is it used for?

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-08-00, 04:11 AM   #2  
Blue board is water resistant sheetrock. It is used in bathrooms, laundry rooms etc. Where ever there is moisture present. Some
companies make it with green paper, hence the name green board. Same stuff.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-08-00, 08:31 AM   #3  
Thanks Jack. I appreciate you taking to time to answer.

Marshall

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-15-00, 06:12 PM   #4  
Hi,
I saw recently on tv where blueboard was used in a living area - it was mentioned that it was quicker and much less fuss than drywall. As my husband just ripped down the plaster and slat walls of my daughters room, we'd like to know if we should consider blueboard as a means of getting her back in her bedroom faster.
Thanks!

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-15-00, 07:01 PM   #5  
Amanda, I'm the wrong person to asl about this, but cannot see how it would be any less fuss than white board. I strongly suspect, after removing lots of it, that the only difference is the blue paper that is on one side only.

You probably will not see a response from anyone that knows, so I suggest you post a new question to this forum, on ask for an e-mail notification when some one posts to it. You will get a response quickly.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-15-00, 07:47 PM   #6  
Thanks very much, Marshall. I appreciate your help!
Amanda

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-16-00, 08:07 AM   #7  
Having hung both types of sheetrock I will tell you there is little or no difference in the hanging time.If anything the waterproof rock is more brittle.The content of the drywall is treated completely to resist water.I have always thought the color was to identify more so than anything.

Search this Thread