Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Procedures for Plaster

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-18-00, 12:46 PM   #1  
I just bought a house with plaster walls and was wondering if there are any special procedures for putting screws or nails into the walls. I really want to avoid cracking or taking chunks of out the plaster. Do I need the plastic jackets for the screws?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-21-00, 08:08 AM   #2  
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jtorres:
I just bought a house with plaster walls and was wondering if there are any special procedures for putting screws or nails into the walls. I really want to avoid cracking or taking chunks of out the plaster. Do I need the plastic jackets for the screws?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you putting screws or nails in the walls? Will they be load bearing e.g. hanging heavy pictures? Need more info.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

08-21-00, 05:12 PM   #3  
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arkayassoc:
Why are you putting screws or nails in the walls? Will they be load bearing e.g. hanging heavy pictures? Need more info.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be hanging pictures, putting up some shelving, maybe some towel racks. I will also be putting some wire tacks to run some wires along the floor and corners.

Search this Thread