Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Help my Stucco Ceilings need to be redone.

Help my Stucco Ceilings need to be redone.

Old 08-29-00, 11:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I am re-doing the stucco on my ceiling. It has some water damage which was (fixed?) and painted over. I would like to re-apply the stucco on the ceiling. Is using a straw broom a good way to texturize the ceiling or is there something else which would be better? And how long does it take to dry? Does it the weather need to be hot or does it matter if it is cold?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-00, 08:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hello,

I would say that I wouldn't use a straw broom because its doubtful you'd be able to match your existing texture. If you have the classic stucco texture, I'd use a mud-dobber. If your texture is something else, you can go online and view the different texture tools out there to see what would match the best. If it looks like they swished it on with a broom, it is probably a texture brush. There are several types of these to choose from, but I don't think the broom would work very well. The temperature and humidity are only relevent to the drying time. The wetter and cooler, the longer it will take to dry.
-Good luck