textured ceilings

Old 08-08-03, 10:11 AM
bitz
Visiting Guest
textured ceilings

I am getting ready to finish about 800 sq ft of ceiling. I plan on using a med texture and would like to add ceiling white paint.

1. should i prime before texture.

2. I am doing orange peel walls, should i do them first so its easier to tape off the walls then the textured ceilings?

3. what is the ratio of water (or paint) to dry for the ceilings and the orange peel?

4. should i prime the walls before the opeel?

5. how forgiving is the taping etc for orange peel texture ?

Old 08-10-03, 09:10 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forums, sorry your post got overlooked for a day.

1) Need to prime prior to appling texture, regardless of type, this ensures a constant finish product over the entire surface.

2) IMO you should do the lids first

3) Ratio of water to mud varies depending on application method, we spray everything & mix mud down to a slightly runny oatmeal consistency. Other application methods, i.e. sponge, trowel, etc.

4) Refer to #1

5) Taping job still needs to be as close to perfect as possible

Good Luck

Old 08-10-03, 04:17 PM
bitz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the update.

I am spraying and have a hopper. What would you use for the setting of the gun? for texture and for orange peel?

also, i forgot, is it ok to use ceiling white in the texture mix instead of H2O? or a mix of both?

assume the lid is the ceiling, if so isn't it hard to tape off the textured ceiling without pulling down the texture when you remove the mask?

Thanks Bitz

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: