squaring a inside corner


Old 10-04-00, 04:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have an old house built of brick, plaster walls and a corner out of plum, made of 1 x 6 wood. The item covers a waste pipe that runs from the second floor to the basement. My concern is the first floor corner (plaster wall to wood). How can I square the corner so I can then wallpaper it without ithe paper wrinkling? Thank for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-00, 07:21 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Red face

Is this not enough information? What else do you need to know? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.
Old 10-29-00, 01:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

If I have this right, You just have a pipe running between floors that is boxed in with 1 X 6 to cover it up? The easiest repair may be to just reset the wood plumb and square. Another solution may be to attach drywall to the wood and mud on "Trim Tex" or "Straight Flex" products that you can set square and plumb, and then backfill with joint compound. LOL Don.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes