scraping the ceiling

Old 08-13-03, 03:55 PM
paintDiva
Visiting Guest
Cool scraping the ceiling

is there an easier way to scrape a 15' (height) textured ceiling and then plaster it up with out renting a scaffolding unit?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-03, 06:26 PM
The first thought is to hire someone else to do it. You would be hard pressed to be able to get up to 15 feet to work without scaffolding. A step ladder that tall is a major chore to move. A rollaround scaffold seems more feasible. It would be more comfortable from which to work than a ladder.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-03, 09:07 PM
paintDiva
Visiting Guest
thank you. I did get some estimates, and it was around 5 grand to scrap it, and patch it up, and replaster it.

Old 08-14-03, 05:58 AM
5 grand??? I should move to L.A.!!!

Old 08-14-03, 10:07 AM
paintDiva
Visiting Guest
yeah, 5 grand..... and it would believe that my place is only about 600sq ft. - studio with a loft- it makes it much more difficult to remove the stuff.

Old 08-14-03, 10:59 AM
You should go ahead and rent some scaffolding. You can rent what is called a baker scaffold. It goes 6' and is about 3'wide. That wont get you to 15 feet (unless your 7' tall) but you can put a small step stool on top of it.

Or you can fly me out and I'll do it for 2 grand.

Old 08-15-03, 02:59 AM
paintDiva
Visiting Guest
2 grand? are you sure there aren't any hidden fee's in there somewhere? and yes, they really did quote me 5K. It also has (they said) asbestos- so maybe that was a cost factor also. but I may just be interested in your offer. do you have references that I can check on and a license?