Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

application of knockdown texture

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-09-00, 03:18 PM   #1  
I am ready to texture the bare walls in my room addition. I was ready to use a hopper to spray the walls & ceiling when I read another post suggesting using a mud dopper. I am un familiar with a mud dopper.
How would I aplly the knockdown texture with a hopper and a mud dopper.
Thanks for your assistance

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-09-00, 08:38 PM   #2  
Hello,

The mud-dobber(not dopper) is a hand held texture tool. You use it to create custom knock-down textures. I've gotten pretty good at mimicking sprayon knock-down textures with it as well. Its easier than the hopper, and if you take into consideration the prep time needed for the hopper its as fast or faster. I also prefer the look of a mud-dobber texture compared to all other styles out there.

The hopper works with a high volume air compressor. You could buy these(very expensive) or rent them. The hopper is messy, and not easy to use without practice. If you want a spray on texture, I would recommend you hire someone.

Good Luck-

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-09-00, 08:41 PM   #3  
Hello again,

I forgot to mention that the mud-dobber is only available online(as far as I know). You can see it at: http://www.mud-dobber.com
or through the links section of this site.

Good luck-

Search this Thread