Ready for paint

Old 08-15-03, 04:02 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready for paint

Having started my basement finish project in February (actually I didn't start in ernest until March....) I am finally ready for paint.

Question is: after all the sanding of the joint compound, there is a lot of dust "stuck" to the walls. Obviously I need to remove it. What's the best way to do this? I have an air compressor (as in a big one for pneumatic tool use) - can I just blast the walls with 100 PSI of air? Should they be wiped down? Vacuumed?

I plan on using Benjamin Moore paint. It's expensive, but I've found that you get what you pay for. Should I use their primer as well? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jim

Old 08-15-03, 05:58 AM
C
You can run a shopvac over the walls or wipe them with a cloth. Getting all the dust off is not that important. Blowing the dust off will make a big mess.

The wall should be primed with a PVA primer, before using that top of the line Benjamin Moore.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-03, 06:08 AM
T
Originally posted by chfite
You can run a shopvac over the walls or wipe them with a cloth. Getting all the dust off is not that important. Blowing the dust off will make a big mess.

The wall should be primed with a PVA primer, before using that top of the line Benjamin Moore.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.....pardon my ignorance but what's PVA?

Jim

Old 08-15-03, 10:56 AM
C
PVA primer is designed for new wallboard and joint compound specifically to seal it for painting. Almost any paint vendor should have it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: