Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

simple wall question

Visiting Guest

08-16-03, 06:30 AM   #1  
jkortas
simple wall question

I need to frame a wall in my basement. It will be between two existing walls. It needs a door. I just need some simple tips as to how to do this. mainly tips on the door. the wal will be shhorter than typical (old house) any help and or pictures/diagrams would be appreciated.

thanks,
J

Sponsored Links

MO

08-16-03, 01:29 PM   #2  
Check this link out J, I think it'll answer most of your questions.http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...4.htm#basement

Good luck

Visiting Guest

08-16-03, 06:12 PM   #3  
jkortas
thanks very much.

another question: the door i have is smaller than standard height. i have to cut it down. i have a cheap mahogany door. what do i have to do to cut it down (because of the hollow -(foam core) natue of the door?

SC

08-16-03, 07:26 PM   #4  
You can cut off the door at the bottom. If you cut all the wooden insert off, peel the veneer off of the scrap and insert it into the space at the bottom of the door. Knock the paper spacers up out of the way, apply some wood glue to the filler strip, sllp it into place and clamp it for 30 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Visiting Guest

08-17-03, 05:32 AM   #5  
jkortas
Thanks!!

Search this Thread