Ceiling Texture Project

Old 08-16-03, 10:51 PM
anewman513
Visiting Guest
Question Ceiling Texture Project

Hello.

I am remodeling a room that had the infamous 'popcorn' texture. I have scraped that garbage off of my ceiling and put down a coat of primer (unfortunately it is Kilz2 - the Home Depot people got to me before I got to this formum).
In any case, now I need to apply a texture. I'm sure you could guess that I am not interested in a popcorn texture, nor am I interested in orange peel. I have seen the kind of texture that i want on a friend's ceiling, but I do not know what it is called. He mentioned it is called "fleathering", but I cannot find anything (online) on any texture called this. I have also heard it mught be called "Venetian texture", but for what I can find it doesnt seem to be it; rather, there seems to be a lot of different types of Venetian textures. So, I face two immediate challenges with whcih i hope somebody can help me:

(1) I need to find out the name of the kind of texture I want.
(2) I need to learn how to apply this texture myself.

For (1) above, does anybody know any books or websites that have many differnt kinds of common ceiling textures that I could peruse to try to find a match? or at least one I like?
If I can get (1) - I think (2) will follow more easily.

I appreciate any and all who can help me in this regard!!!

Thank you

Old 08-17-03, 01:57 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you could take a photo of this texture and post a link to it here, we might be able to identify it for you.

Old 08-17-03, 10:57 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Describe it in as much detail as possible.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: