Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ceiling Texture Project

Visiting Guest

08-16-03, 09:51 PM   #1  
anewman513
Ceiling Texture Project

Hello.

I am remodeling a room that had the infamous 'popcorn' texture. I have scraped that garbage off of my ceiling and put down a coat of primer (unfortunately it is Kilz2 - the Home Depot people got to me before I got to this formum).
In any case, now I need to apply a texture. I'm sure you could guess that I am not interested in a popcorn texture, nor am I interested in orange peel. I have seen the kind of texture that i want on a friend's ceiling, but I do not know what it is called. He mentioned it is called "fleathering", but I cannot find anything (online) on any texture called this. I have also heard it mught be called "Venetian texture", but for what I can find it doesnt seem to be it; rather, there seems to be a lot of different types of Venetian textures. So, I face two immediate challenges with whcih i hope somebody can help me:

(1) I need to find out the name of the kind of texture I want.
(2) I need to learn how to apply this texture myself.

For (1) above, does anybody know any books or websites that have many differnt kinds of common ceiling textures that I could peruse to try to find a match? or at least one I like?
If I can get (1) - I think (2) will follow more easily.

I appreciate any and all who can help me in this regard!!!

Thank you

Sponsored Links

SC

08-17-03, 12:57 AM   #2  
If you could take a photo of this texture and post a link to it here, we might be able to identify it for you.

KS

08-17-03, 09:57 AM   #3  
Describe it in as much detail as possible.

Search this Thread