Capping Half Walls

Old 08-17-03, 10:00 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capping Half Walls

I would like to cap some half walls that surround the steps leading from our kitchen down 5 steps to a landing and back door with steps leading to the basement. Looks something like the attached file. (Editor's note: I have tried twice to attach a file but it doesn't seem to show up when I view my message. Not sure why.)

The wall on the right has become a real collection area (car keys, plants, mitts, etc.) so I would like to include some cubby holes or lidded storage compartments and perhaps a shelving unit of some sort that would extend to the ceiling.

The wife would like me to put in a shelf above the stairway on the left to hold cookbooks, etc.

The budget is limited (non-existant ... we're still paying off the renovation bills ;-) and so are materials/tools. I have a few 2" x 10" 's, a router, a small table saw and a wealth of self-taught knowledge :-)

Any ideas? ...suggestions? ....sites to check out? I have been searching but Google generally thinks I am looking for info on hats ;-)

Old 08-17-03, 11:27 AM
C
I get the feeling that you want some open shelves and some spaces with lids. Something like this:

http://www.woodetccorp.com/gsaSTORAGEUNITS.htm

may give some ideas.

What can be helpful, is to draw what you want on some paper and share. We may be able to help you figure out how to build it.

To post pictures, you need to put the picture on a web site and link to it from here.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-03, 11:55 AM
E
Originally posted by chfite
I get the feeling that you want some open shelves and some spaces with lids.
Well, that's one of the things I need. I have these half walls and some planks. I am mainly looking for information on how to cap the walls and also some different approaches to doing so.

What can be helpful, is to draw what you want on some paper and share.

To post pictures, you need to put the picture on a web site and link to it from here.
That's what I did and I tried to use the ATTACH function at the bottom of the COMPOSE MESSAGE page. I guess that doesn't work huh? I don't have a website nor would I know how to post a picture if I did. Is there another way of uploading a picture?

Old 08-17-03, 06:06 PM
C
Old 08-18-03, 05:40 PM
E
Boy the internet is running slow tonight!

Anyhoo, thanks for posting the pics Chris :-)

Chris

Old 08-18-03, 07:34 PM
C
Nice presentations you whipped out, Editor.

I am hoping someone who is creative will come along with some hot ideas. Some of the things I have thought of are along the lines of cubby holes with and without doors and panels with holders and shelves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: