Knockdown in small areas (patching)

Old 08-17-03, 04:30 PM
TLS
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Knockdown in small areas (patching)

Hi everyone! I'm new at this and hoping someone will be my savior in answering this question for me. We just purchased a 6 year old home, and decided to remove some of the flourescent lighting that ran around the kitchen ceiling. It is a knockdown ceiling (good texture beneath the removed fixtures), and from the removal of lighting I have several holes from screws/anchors in it. Can I not just patch those holes with polyfill and use some texture afterwards? How about the anchors that still exist; I don't want to pull them out in fear of even bigger holes! Can I just texture over them?? I do not plan to rehang the large fixtures...ever! HHELLPP!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-03, 07:03 AM
Remove all anchors. Fill holes with drywall mud (I'm not sure what polyfill is). Let dry. fill again if necessary. with a small brush of some kind(like a paint brush), dab small dots over the filled in holes. Let set up about 10-15 minutes then drag a 6" knife over the dab to knock down flat. Lightly sand the area's when completley dry. re-paint.

Old 08-18-03, 09:53 AM
TLS
Visiting Guest
Talking Just a knockdown reply!

Coops28

Thanks sooo much for the prompt reply...and the good news. Shouldn't be too much work afterall!