Crack repairs

Old 09-14-03, 04:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Crack repairs

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. Our house was built around 14 years ago. There are a number of cracks around the house in both ceilings and walls which would appear to line up with the edges of the plaster boards as the house appears to be dry lined.

The cracks are between hairline and 3mm wide with some following the plasterboard lines.

Does anyone know the best ( and easiest) way of repairing these cracks so that the house desn't look like it's falling apart.

many thanks
Old 09-14-03, 05:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
dry lined?? what does that mean?
Old 09-14-03, 03:52 PM
coops28's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,752
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Don't know what dry lined means either. Screw the drywall down around the crack. Put mesh tape over the crack. Apply drywall mud on and on both sides of the tape. Let dry. apply a second coat with a twelve inch knife in same fashion, let dry. Apply a third top coat. The top coat covers the entire repair area and is put on then scraped off, filling in any inconsistancies. Let set up but not totally dry. Take a damp sponge and feather out the edges.

You didn't say if there is any texture so this is the fix for slick surfaces.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: