stucco

Old 09-22-03, 07:14 AM
Hoeman
Visiting Guest
stucco

Hello, I am tearing out a divider wall from my kitchen to my livingroom and am wondering how to create the stucco look to match my ceiling after the wall is gone. It is only about six feet long.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-03, 11:19 AM
Is the ceiling what is sometimes called cottage cheese or popvorn? If so don't try to match it it will not hold up on sides.
Almost any other texture can be matched if you experiment on some scraps of drywall. Use some rather thin joint mud and try a brush, or wadded up plastic or a sponge or the flat of your trowel or almost anyting you can think of then fine tune the pressure, consistency of the mud and the amount yo gob on until it matches. the texture might be knocked down. that was usually sprayed on then trowled to smash down the high spots. While I haven't used it there are spray cans of texture stuff available. I think they would be rather expensive for a whole wall but it might be cheaper and easier to use that than rent a sprayer if that is how it is done.
Any of the tools I mentioned above can leave spots that can be knocked down as well.

Try to describe the texture and we can get more specific.