Thanks! ..now...Moveable Walls?

Old 10-13-03, 08:53 PM
building Barb
Visiting Guest
Thanks! ..now...Moveable Walls?

Thanks greatly to Josh & rbisys, I re-insulated w/ polyu. spray-in foam & added some radiant-barrier. Fantastic difference!! -10 now & it's Warm!!!

Now, time to start on interior work. Want to remove many walls to further airflow from woodstove & light-transmission and solar-gain.

In having such an open floorplan, will need to be able to wall off a guest bedroom occasionally. Has anyone built/used moveable walls of glass or translucent fibreglass?

Please fill me in. My local suppliers know nothing of the glass or fibreglass components, or the hardware!

Thanks alot!!

Old 10-14-03, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't say that I'm familiar with the fiberglass panels you're talking about. Could maybe use some kind of pocket doors. but no I guess you're not going to have any permanent walls. Maybe look at a decorating place for a screen like what is used in the far east, where space is a premium commodity. Best of luck.

Old 10-15-03, 11:16 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Movable wall

Interesting question.

Reminded me of a freinds house here in Houston that has just what your asking.

The wall between the living room and a bedroom is hinged on one side and will swing up against an outer wall to enlarge the room.

I beleive the wall is a 2x4 construction with drywall or paneling. I am also sure the bottom has some type of wheels to facilitate moving.

I always thought it was a great idea, but the homeowners never used it.

JT

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: