dywall over paneling molding.

Old 01-04-04, 06:36 PM
dywall over paneling molding.

Please take a look at this picture, the right side. i had drywall put over the paneling and not am not sure how to handle the molding. if i attach molding it'll leave the edge of the drywall visible. how can i make this look "normal"?

thanks,
mitch.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-04, 09:44 PM
mitcheal,

What pic? No seriously you can't get pics posted here.

Put the pic up on the web @ yahooo, snapfish, etc & post the link here. We'll get ya fixed up.

Old 01-05-04, 06:05 PM
http://photos.yahoo.com/mitcheal

ok, go here and look in the house album. it's the only pic in there. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Old 01-06-04, 10:52 AM
mitch I can see the pic, but I can't put any context to it, any chanve of some views from other angles?

Old 01-06-04, 11:10 AM
Exclamation picture

With Awesomedell here cant make out what you want to do there on that picture. Could you sand the edge and put a 1/4 round that would fit the drywall edge??? Or there is a metaldrywall 1/4 round you could use ED

Old 01-06-04, 01:15 PM
To me it looks like an inside corner then and outside corner only about 1 1/2". If this is the case you have to put corner bead on the outside corner and tape the inside.

Old 01-06-04, 01:59 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest
i'm with coops before you can put molding, this corners need to be taped and finished so there's no gapp showing beside the molding or door trim if thats a door opening.

Old 01-06-04, 02:25 PM
ok, you can take a look again. i have more pictures. please explain this to me like i'm a 4 year old. i'm not very versed in such things.

i think that taping the corners might work. but is it easy enough for me to do? how would i make the door jamb even with the new drywall to put on the metal corner piece? use a piece of trim to make it flush, then install the corner piece, then tape over it?

thanks alot...

Old 01-06-04, 06:31 PM
I think I see it now. Put a piece of wood outside corner mold on it.

Old 01-06-04, 06:44 PM
i was considering that but it looks a little tacky since the other side of the door jamb is just the corner. especially entering from the foyer. the fisr thing you see if an entrance way and one nice clean side and ther other side you'd see the edge of the corner mold.