Wall Repair

Old 01-12-04, 05:17 PM
CGordon
Visiting Guest
Wall Repair

Hi All,

What should I do based on what you see in the pics?

AAAAHHHHH the joys of technology...

Any and all responses welcome!

Thanks
CG

Old 01-12-04, 05:50 PM
CGordon
Visiting Guest
Note: Your browser may resize the image, if you can set the image to its normal size it will make the pictures that much more descriptive.

Pic 1: a crack that goes from the left corner up to the cieling. I tried to patch the other side of the wall , but was just a temp fix, as the crack came back...

Pic 2: The brownish stuff is the compound cement that was olding the panel that covered this mess. So removing that I need to know how. The grey spots are the holes in the walls, I'm thinking plaster? Anyone

Pic 3: The flush side of the opening. again brown is adhesive. white spots are the result of someone who tried to paint and oil based surface, with a water based paint. How can I correct this area?

Pic 4: A close-up of Pic #3

Thanks again everyone!

Old 01-14-04, 08:09 AM
CGordon
Visiting Guest
Hey Everyone!

Where are the responses?

Lots of views, but no responses?

not even the moderators have suggestions?

Are the pictures not working?

Any and all comments welcome,
CG

Old 01-14-04, 09:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you cant scrape the brown stuff off its not comming off. So go over it with drywall mud. As far as cracks in plaster, they usually come back. put some screws through the plaster into the studs. This will tighten it up a bit. remove any loose material from the crack. put mesh tape over the crack. finish with drywall mud. This is all assuming the plaster is still pretty secure. if you push on it and it seems spongy then you will have to rip it out.

Last edited by coops28; 01-14-04 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-14-04, 09:36 AM
CGordon
Visiting Guest
1. how can I repair that wall crack so that it will not return.

2. how can I

a. remove the adhesive
b. fix the holes
c. fix the spots where the paint is chipping away (latex paint over oil based paint - surface mess)

Thanks again,
CG

Old 01-14-04, 09:40 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any of the small holes and the areas where paint is chiped can be filled with drywall mud. Or even spackle if you want to use it. Man, it looks like you have some work ahead of you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: