Old 01-13-04, 10:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question confused

I have a wall which had z-bricks on it, which when removed have torn some of the drywall. There are patches where it is torn to the grey layer beneath.

Do I sand away uneven spots, then seal it or do I sand away then just apply joint compound. I want to texture the wall slightly and then paint it.

On the other walls in the same room, I removed wallpaper and am left with a shiny layer that looks like old paint (primer, am I right). In some areas a couple of layers of this "paint" peeled away. Do I sand them and apply joint compound, then primer, then paint. I want a texture on these walls too, then paint it.

THis is all in the same room. I want a faux finish- to hide any flaws, so that's why the texture would make it a bit easier.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-04, 05:50 AM
awesomedell's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 2,425
Sounds like you've got the right idea, go for it.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes