1/2 wall with columns

Old 01-14-04, 06:57 PM
mdewitt
Visiting Guest
1/2 wall with columns

I have a sunk in living area and I would like to replace the old metal railings surrounding the area with partial walls. I would like to have the wall come up about waist high and have decorative columns going from the top of the wall to the ceiling. If anyone could walk me through this or tell me where I could go to find the info I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-15-04, 09:07 AM
mudder
Visiting Guest
how long is each side of the living area?What is on the floor on the upper area hardwood or carpet? How high is the ceiling from where you want to put the wall?

Old 01-17-04, 08:07 AM
mdewitt
Visiting Guest
thank you!

Thank you for replying. I tried to post a reply the other day, but I kept getting a message telling me it was "unavailable." Any way, here are the measurements:

1 half of the room is 3 feet tall and 4.208 feet wide

the other half is 3 feet tall and 7.875 feet wide

the distance from the top of the railing to the ceiling is 6.417 feet

If you need anything else, please let me know.

I would like to know the aproximate costs and the average length of time it would take to complete the project if that is possible. Thank you again.
Melissa

Old 01-17-04, 06:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One question unanswered is if you have carpet or hardwood or what on the floor. Seems pretty easy. Frame a box out of 2x4's the dimentions you want. Secure to floor. Add your decorative column and sheetrock.

Old 01-17-04, 06:30 PM
mdewitt
Visiting Guest
sorry, i have tile on the floor. how do i anchor it to the floor so it will be sturdy?

Old 01-17-04, 06:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I wonder if she wants like one large column on each side, or several spindles? What is the diameter of "column"?

Old 01-17-04, 09:15 PM
mdewitt
Visiting Guest
I only want 2 columns, mostly for decorative purposes. One on each side. I don't know the dimensions yet because i have not looked quite yet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: