Plasterboard paper outer repair


Old 02-04-04, 11:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Smile Plasterboard paper outer repair

I was asked by a friend to repair his bedroom walls. It appears that in a moment of "passion" his wife has ripped off the timber grab rail that runs around the bedroom walls approx 3 feet off the floor. In the process she has ripped the thick external paper sheeting off the plasterboard of the wall, but hasn't actually put a hole in the plasterboard wall.
The question is: is there something you can get that is about the same thickness as the paper covering, which enables you to repair the torn sections of paper sheeting? This is instead of having to apply a thin coating of plaster to the torn section (and hope to get it thin enough so it doesn't show where the torn section was!), or start again and replace the entire sheet.
Your technical knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-04, 06:20 AM
awesomedell's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 2,425
G'day Mate & welcome to the DIY forums!

No need to replace the sheet, lot more work than you really need to do. Best method to patch this accident of passion up is simply to skim the area with lite joint compound until you get a smooth surface, primer & paint the affected area & it'll look good as new. Best of luck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes