Holes not big enough in wall unit

Old 02-12-04, 02:46 PM
forecheck
Visiting Guest
Holes not big enough in wall unit

36" tv sits in wall unit about 4' off the ground. Shelves for components are below & to the right of tv. PVC pipe that carries cords from tv to components is attached to wood inside wall with 2 90' angles to push cords through.

My problem is that all of the cords (for DVD, VCR & receiver) don't fit through the pipe - it's hard enough trying to push a few through there. Thus, all components just sit on top of the shelves & the cords string around the side of the tv & to the back - very unsightly. What would be the best way to fix this so I can hide all cords from the tv to components?? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-04, 08:40 AM
Hello & welcome to the diy forums, Anyway to access the rear of the unit?

Old 02-13-04, 10:19 AM
forecheck
Visiting Guest
No, not really - as the wall unit is actually an "entertainment area" that is a wall itself that seperates the dining room & the living room. I guess I could cut into the wall from the dining room side, but I'm not sure if this would be the best way to go about it.

Old 02-13-04, 10:59 AM
Part of your problem is those 90 degree elbows. To pull (push) wire or cable, you should use a sweep which is basically an elbow with a long radius. You can buy sweeps in various radii for plastic electrical conduit (the grey stuff). If your installation includes more than 270 degrees (3-90's) install a pull box or you'll never pull the wires thru.

Search this Thread