Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

drywall dust mess

Visiting Guest

02-13-04, 05:35 AM   #1  
newtothis3033
drywall dust mess

I need some advice on drywall dust. We recently hired a contractor to put up drywall in our basement. The job is done. The walls look good, but there is drywall dust everywhere from the floor to ceiling. It doesnt sweep up well from the floor and doesnt completely come off the walls. What is the best way to remove this? Is it the contractor's job? The contract said the room would be ready to paint, but I dont know if that included cleaning up all this dust. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

KS

02-13-04, 06:20 AM   #2  
Use a shopvac. If you don't have one go get one. They have countless uses.

MO

02-13-04, 08:21 AM   #3  
I agree get the shop vac, otherwise you're just be sweeping in circles. You can also wipe walls with just a barely damp sponge prior to painting.

Dust is just a part of the construction process.

Visiting Guest

02-13-04, 11:42 AM   #4  
dickh
agree with coops and dell. having once been a carpet installer a long time ago and always the last person on the job i remember complaining once to my buddy the plumber about always having to clean up after the plumber, electrician, drywaller. his reply- if my clients want to pay me $40/ hour to sweep the floor, i'll be happy to do that.
sanding drywall is a mess and it does get everywhere as you now know. including your furnace filter. now is probably a good time to change it.

MO

02-13-04, 09:54 PM   #5  
Hopefully your contractor had intake vents covered with poly during sanding process, if not definitely change the filter! Good call Dick

Search this Thread