Stucco ceiling

Old 02-19-04, 01:05 AM
blonde049
Visiting Guest
Angry Stucco ceiling

Good Evening, I hope someone can help me. I have stucco on my ceiling . How do I clean it?? There are two fans going in the room,every bit of dust,and candle soot is on my ceiling. It is driving me crazy. I want to clean it. How do I go about doing this. I don't want to respray,just clean it. My vacuum hose is too short and the long handled dusters don't do any good.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Blonde049

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-04, 05:44 AM
Welcome aboard blonde,

Stucco or popcorn? Stucco is a cement based product and not usually applied on interior ceilings, I'd guess you've got a popcorn finished ceiling & your complaint is the number one reason why most people will opt to redo their ceilings with this kind of finish, they're impossible to keep looking good over the course of time, no matter how clean you keep the house.

As far as cleaning a popcorn finished ceiling, might try a shop vac with a long wand & a step ladder to get you up there. You're going to knock small pieces of the texture off, just crumbs, but it's the only way to clean it up other than scraping it off & refinishing the ceilings.