Seams in Ceiling

Old 02-24-04, 05:27 AM
MWoodruff
Visiting Guest
Angry Seams in Ceiling

Recently I had my ceiling re-drywalled and the seams are showing. The contractor has tried several time to re-spackle(?) them but they still show. I thought that maybe they had too much compound on it and needed to do more sanding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-04, 05:56 AM
Is it a smooth ceiling?? You can put a straight edge across the seams to see exactly where to fill with mud. He may have gotten too much mud on and needs to feather it out.

Old 02-24-04, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the forums Melissa.

When you say the seams still show, are we talking about after the ceiling was primered & painted? How is the ceiling finished? (slick or textured)

Follow up with what Coops suggested, with the straight-edge & see if the seams are indeed flat, if not they still need work. If they're flat, what we're talking about is called "joint photography" This is caused by paint being absorbed at different rates by the face paper & the joint compound. The cure is to apply a good fast drying primer designed for going over new drywall prior to paiint. If it's a textured ceiling, we prime before & after the texture prior to paint.