Panelling

Old 02-29-04, 08:34 PM
noake
Visiting Guest
Panelling

I was hoping to install some Georgia Pacific Wall panels in a room of my house, they are the 4 x 8 sheets. I was wondering if the sheets should be fastened using those 8 foot clips that hold one side of each panel, or if the seams should just be butted up as close as possible, nailed and filled in the holes. I do not want to paint the panels, obviously, so I would like it to look as finished as possible. Thanks in advance. ANy other tips for this project would be appreciated too.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-04, 07:55 AM
If you're talking about standard wood paneling, best thing IMO is to use the vinyl trim "T" between the sheets & laminate it to the wall with liquid nails.

What's on the wall now? wallpaper, paint, painted drywall?

Old 03-01-04, 02:16 PM
noake
Visiting Guest
Thanks, the panelling is going over existing panelling, which is on drywall. I can find the studs I think, and I was going to glue it, and use finish nails to secure it, while using the T pieces to hold the seams together. Sound good?

Old 03-01-04, 08:25 PM
You've got the right idea, when laminating products like this I make little circles with the glue, press the sheet into place & then pull it off just slightly & repress into place, the glue will suck it down pretty good and you just need a few nails per sheet to secure it until the glue sets.